Sunday, June 07, 2009

Chinese Instructions

Recently I received this email from my dad. I can only hope that Chinese government agencies (Communists) employ translators of a higher caliber than those utilized in this example (the Capitalist arm of China).

I bought a pen with a light from a man in the plaza in Acapulco last week. The reason I bought it was because he said it helped the "casa hogar de los ninos". Later he showed me a list of "casa hogares" and they were all over the world. Don't know if it is legit or not, but here is the instruction given on the back of the plastic holder the pen came in.:

Function: The electric power is ample, the convenience illuminate Write the fluent, a thing two use

Press the button then illuminate
Also on the other side of the pen's cardboard holder it says:
Assemble high can the battery, electric power hold out for long
time.
Incidentally pop tells me that, despite the humorous/atrocious translation, the pen writes and the light works.

No comments: