Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dies y Seis de Septiembre (Mexican Independence Day)

Yesterday, in honor of Mexican Independence Day, I was wearing my Mexican soccer jersey - the one styled after their 2006 World Cup uniforms.

Since we were headed out the door to a friend's house, I grabbed a green cap instead of my standard NRA cap to "go with" the jersey.  The cap I chose has "U. S. Border Patrol" emblazoned on the front.    When we got to my friend's house another friend said "Wow, you are really sending a mixed message with your Mexico shirt and your Border Patrol hat!"  Before I could say *anything* a third friend said "Oh No He's Not!"

Who cares, right?   The part that is funny to me is that the guy who made the crack about a "mixed message" is a legal immigrant to this country (from another continent).    Also the friend that jumped to my defense is Hispanic (born here in the USA).

I say all that to lead into this - apparently a Majority Of Latinos In Arizona Supported the much ballyhooed Arizona immigration law, commonly referred to as Arizona SB 1070.     I know, the fact that Latinos supported the law didn't get much (if any) airtime from the "Mainstream Media" but then again, the "MSM" also seemed to neglect to mention the fact that this law basically supports existing Federal regulations.

This is not to mention the fact that, considering everything my buddy from another continent had to go through to get here, I would think he would be vehemenantly opposed to illegal immigration and acutely aware of the fact that people who do not go through the proper channels are breaking the law.

No comments: