Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Domestic Electric

And now for the very mundane. I love my electric company. Yes, you read that right. But, you see, I have a very good reason.

Previously we lived in a small house where the electricity was provided by CP&L. (They service much of Oklahoma and Texas) When we moved into our current home, we almost doubled our living space. I was bracing myself for horrendous electric bills because, like our last house, this is an "All-Electric". When the first bill came, I read it over and over. It was almost the same amount that we were paying monthly in the tiny house. There is one key difference between that house and this house.

Now we get our electric from an electrical co-operative. Magic Valley Electric Cooperative. And the service is better, too.

I told you it was mundane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s Ok to be mundane. I like our co-op too. Very reliable and cheaper than TXU in the city.

Manda said...

Good one Monte!! Some people, right?

Hey can you email me your mailing address again so I can send you guys our Christmas letter? I'd be so grateful to NOT get another letter bounced back from you guys because I keep writing an old googled address on there! AHH!