Monday, March 26, 2007

Fan Boy

If you know me at all, you know that i have a great affinity for comic books. Ever since NBC started running the series "Heroes", i have been hooked. No, it is not based on a comic book but it just has a great "comic book drama" kind of plot line. ("Ordinary people discovering extraordinary powers" - how many hundred comic book plot lines center around this theme?)

Its been a LONG time since i made sure i saw every episode of ANYTHING. (i won't tell you what the first TV show i took seriously was because that would really date me) Now, every Monday night, my wife and i watch Heroes. Every time a break has been announced, i have gone back to "normal" with the show's re-start date burning in my head. (Monday nights are open for me until April 23 - how teenage "fanboy" can you get?)

I had checked out the online comic but it just wasn't the same as a "real" comic for me. Although NBC was really making a valiant effort to snag me in the Heroes frenzy online as well as on the "telly" - i just wasn't going for it.

Then it happened.

They mentioned a "Heroes art auction" where you could bid on the art online and "help fight epilepsy". Two things - i like comic art and i have epilepsy so i had to check it out. Now i had no intention of buying any art - i'm far too much of a cheapskate for that, but i wanted to see it.

But art is not what i found.

While checking out nbc.com, i found the new "Heroes wiki".
Wow.
Looks like i'll be able to keep my sanity until April 23.

No comments: