Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Austin

First of all - Tuesday's presentation went great (long, but great) and this afternoon went great, too. I want to send a HUGE Thank You to all my friends and family that were praying for me.

The powerpoint presentation that I gave this afternoon had 88 slides !!! Last night, after the first presentation, my boss asked me to include some other info that I had in today's presentation. So 4 powerpoint presentations (that had been distributed to a few people months ago) were combined into one HUGE presentation. Before I started we were 30 minutes ahead of schedule. My presentation took so long that it got us back on schedule.

The hotel is Super!

We are right next to the bridge where over a million Mexican free tail bats live - watching them come out in the evening is really neat. Pictures will be posted soon. According to the information plaques at the bat watching park, these flying rodents eat 10,000 - 30,000 pounds of insects every night !

More later...

1 comment:

Manda said...

um, did you just say bats? cause I might be freaking out a little. that's all I wanted to say. uggghh.