Monday, January 22, 2007

Frozen Austin

The co-worker that went to Austin with me last week described it today as "the worst week i have ever had traveling for work". That got me thinking - was it the "worst" week that i've ever had traveling for work? Thats hard for me to say because i don't usually think in those terms. But, to tell you the truth, the weather was horrible.

While i am not a "Pollyanna" at work, my co-workers have figured out that i'm not the "go-to" person for bad news when we're traveling. If they want to hear how horrible the hotel was or how bad the food was or what an awful situation we are in, normally i'm not the guy to ask. I'm such a hillbilly that i think its great that we stay in actual hotels and not in motels. (In a motel you can pull your car up to the door of the room :-)

My boss knows that, if she asks for it specifically, i will be blunt and brutally honest. And, to the credit of the co-worker that traveled with me, she is not a complainer, either. Her comment was just that - an honest comment.

1 comment:

JoeBlogs said...

The weathers having an effect on everyones travel right now.