Sunday, December 02, 2007

Hectic Day - But I asked for it

[Sunday] This day has been hectic (starting entry at 1:00pm - i'll finish it later tonight - maybe) but it beats having to get up WAY BEFORE the chickens to catch an airplane that leaves at 5:30am tomorrow morning. I complained enough ( you know - in a "nice" and "professional" way :-) last time I traveled that this time they gave me the option of flying out the night before.


One problem - our local international airport only has 3 flights a day to Houston. These would be: 5:30am, 11am & 6:40pm.


[Monday] Wow! It was so nice to be able to take my time coming in to the hotel last night. No panicky, rushed feeling "I'mgonnabelate, I'mgonnabelate".


Last night I took a leisurely, unintentional scenic turn on the way in, then I stopped at a little out-of-the-way eatery for dinner. (that would be a euphemistic way to say "i got lost". poetic, doncha think?)


Anyway, today [Monday] I had a good day of meetings, I have felt rested all day and I think that I'll retain more than I would have if I'd caught a 5:30 am flight this morning. Right now it's 10:30pm and I'm about to turn in - just have to get to my room. (We're staying in a big name hotel but there is no wireless access outside of the lobby so here I am, but that's a rant for another day)

No comments: