Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cognitive Dissonance

I'm not sure where I first heard that phrase but Randy Pausch gives a humorous example of it in his Last Lecture speech - I blogged about him earlier this month. (He continues to fight his disease)

Psychology is not my strong suit (not by a long shot) so it is very possible that I am misusing this phrase but I have noticed something lately and this is the phrase that keeps popping in to my head. I have noticed that I (and quite a few other people) are greatly effected by the death of one individual.

The "wheels of justice" will turn and try to make some human solution to the horror that happened Thursday morning. While I strongly support the "rule of law", many of us know that no man or woman can find their purpose until they look beyond themselves to the Almighty.

And there are some who show us The Purpose every day of their lives.

No comments: