Monday, June 09, 2008

IRON MAN

Back on Thursday, May 1 at 10:56pm I received a text message from a buddy of mine:

So I just iron man. B jealous. B very jealous.

I was a bit jealous (and a bit confused - the movie wasn't supposed to open until May 2nd but...) Everything was so frantic for me right then that I thought maybe I would have a chance to rent it when it hit the video stores as a New Release. Well it turned out that the Fates smiled on me and tonight my wife and I got and unexpected opportunity to go see a (non-kiddie) movie. When I checked the listings for our local Cinemark theater, I was quite pleased to see that (5 weeks and 5 days after my buddy's "B jealous" message) Iron Man was still on the big screen. It was also nice that Tony Stark's alter ego was playing in the theater that my wife likes best.

Those of you that know me know that I am kind of a cheapskate. I prefer the theater that charges $1.50 a seat to the theater that charges $8 a seat (the one my wife likes). And when I go see a movie I want to get my monies worth. So my wife has learned to patiently sit next to me as (all) the credits roll. Hey sometimes (like in Finding Nemo) the credits are funny. And you get little pieces of trivia - like exactly where the movie was filmed, minutia like that.

But with Iron Man it was really worth sitting through all the (non-descript) credits.

There are no spoilers here but let me put it to you this way: if you saw Iron Man and you're one of the (majority of) people that walked out during the credits; then you

DID
NOT
SEE

the whole movie.

So, since I feel sorry for you (I mean you paid full price to see the movie but you didn't see the whole movie - nyah, nyah, nyah) here is a nice trailer. This trailer includes scenes of the Mark 1 and the Mark 3 in action (and a few seconds of a little tune that should be familiar to anyone in the continental United States. Seriously, if you've never heard this song then you're just not paying attention).


2 comments:

Lily of the Valley said...

Before our newest addition to the family was born, we watched "Iron Man," to the very end. Yup. Saw ALL of it!

P. T. S. F. said...

Cool beans!