Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Wife Wins The Election!

Just kidding - my wife didn't actually "win" an election but I just got done watching Jay Leno doing his bit on "funny headlines" so I couldn't resist.

The truth is this - my wife has been going through the long process of becoming a naturalized citizen. She was sworn in as an American citizen earlier this month and just recently received her voter registration card in the mail. We have both been poring over election information to make sure that we are well informed about all the candidates on our local ballot. Due to the mass of people that I encountered during the Texas primary in March, we will both be taking advantage of early voting. Our county has many locations for early voting and they are open seven days a week!

Inform yourself! Know where ALL the candidates stand on issues that are important to you! Don't waste your vote - every current Supreme Court Justice has served as a lower court judge and many people with high political aspirations start out in small local elections.

No comments: