Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A boycott and a fundraiser

Not that it will make much difference to Hugo Chavez (Marxist leader of Venezuela and hater of America) but my family and I will no longer spend so much as a cent at Citgo. You see, Citgo is "owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A." which is owned by the Venezuelan State. Don't take my word for it: http://www.citgo.com/AboutCITGO.jsp This makes Hugo Chavez (did I mention that he hates my country?) the defacto boss of the national Venezuelan oil company. So do whatever you want, but I'm buying my gas anywhere EXCEPT Citgo.

Now before people start flaming me for "being negative" let me turn you on to a link that I click every day. This is "The Breast Cancer Site" and by simply clicking on the site and clicking a couple banner ads of the site sponsors, you can help fund free mammograms for underprivileged women. http://www.thebreastcancersite.com Cancer can be a pretty treacherous disease and (IMHO) early detection is the key to successful treatment.

No comments: