Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Annual Haircut - After

Okay, so I put down some canvas to catch the hair and then, using my chosen implements of destruction, I kneel over the canvas and shave my head and beard.

Since the whole point of this little exercise is to remember, I brought my turntable and some LP's over next to the bathroom where I was cutting my hair.



I think I missed a spot.


My friend would get a kick out of this head-shaving business I think. He died from advanced stage lung cancer and at the time he died he was completely bald from chemotherapy.

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then...




Yeah, I definitely missed...

This has been a good day. Today, in the space of a few hours, I've laughed, I've cried and I got to spend time talking with a good friend.




Here is the aftermath with my clippers and my electric razor.

(See why I put down the canvas?)

While I was cutting my hair I played a few records that he and I both liked.

Good grief! I haven't eaten anything but a blueberry muffin all day! I'm gonna eat and go to bed.

Check out the glare on that gourd.

2 comments:

Lily of the Valley said...

That picture does no justice to how you actually look with your new haircut. The new haircut looks quite good, I think!

P. T. S. F. said...

Thank you. This morning "La Nita" told me that it makes me look 10 years younger. I said "Oh cool, so that would make you 6 yrs older than me" - she didn't like that :-)