Saturday, July 15, 2006

Trekkie Maze, etc

You have to love the British. Its a Maze Jim, but not as we know it

Saw a cool bumper sticker. It says "The Second Amendment Makes All The Others Possible". (thats what i'm talking about)

Recently I saw the movie Fidel . This is a really good film. It is so rare to find a film that entertains and informs while remaining true to facts. And more than that, it does not lack respect for the principal characters. It seems to me that it is much easier for a movie to parody a "bad guy" than to treat him as a real three dimensional person. I actually rented the movie thinking "lets see how ridiculous this gets" - I am pleasantly surprised to have been wrong in my expectations. Castro's metamorphosis from idealistic revolutionary to paranoid dictator is done very well. High marks to Victor Huggo Martin in his first English-language film.

No comments: