Thursday, August 02, 2007

Made in Oklahoma

Last night I had a great conversation with an old friend. I haven't had the chance to talk with this fellow in a long time. We reminisced for two hours and seems to me like we both needed that phone call. Did you ever have the experience where you pick up the phone and it's somebody that you haven't talked to in like, forever, and it's just so good to hear their voice? It was like that.

But that's not what I want to tell you. You see, this friend is the one (I think I've mentioned before) that makes a hot sauce called SALSA NOCHES. This year SALSA NOCHES is going to be in the Made in Oklahoma building at the Tulsa State Fair! This is just so cool!

I know some of you are thinking "Whats the big deal?". If you're thinking that, then you've never been to a good state fair. This year the Tulsa State Fair is going to be September 27 - October 7 and if you're going to be anywhere near Tulsa Oklahoma then do yourself a favor and go to the fair. Here is a link to a PDF map of the fairgrounds - the fairgrounds is in Tulsa and it is quite a landmark.

Also, this year Oklahoma celebrates 100 yrs of statehood so the fair will probably be even a bigger deal than it normally is (and its normally a big deal). In fact the I.P.E. building boasts the world's largest unobstructed interior volume. This HUGE building is where we would go to the Tulsa Gun and Knife Show when I was growing up. And in front of the International Petroleum Exposition building is the famous Golden Driller.

No comments: