Saturday, March 01, 2008

I have a Dream

I have a Dream and in this dream John McCain actually left the GOP in 2001. Rudy Guiliani's 2008 campaign was sidetracked by his odd behaviours and the GOP actually had two or three solid conservative candidates to choose from.


Then I wake up.


I know who I will be voting for on March 4th in the Texas primary and I'm leaning towards voting Constitution party in November. It would be interesting to see what would happen if everybody completely disregarded party affiliations and just voted their conscience.

I am not comfortable with just "sitting out" the presidential election - I have always felt that if you don't vote, you forfeit your right to complain. "Third party" candidates have made a difference in elections and have even won elecotoral college votes fairly recently.

I don't agree that it's a good idea for us to just take the next four years and "throw it under the bus" in the hopes that it will shock conservatives in action. I believe that we deserve whatever government we elect.

No comments: