Friday, March 07, 2008

Why can't Florida get their ducks in a row??

So I was surfing around YouTube, looking at videos about presidential candidates and I ran across this one "Hillary Supporter Bill Nelson: Time for Florida Revote" (below).

Suddenly something occured to me (I should have thought of this a long time ago). Florida had quite a bit of trouble with their presidential elections in 2000 ("irregularities") and again in 2004 ("controversies"). So then Why In The World did Senator Jeremy Ring think that moving the primary date to earlier in the year was a good idea?

I'm guessing the conversation went something along the lines of "Well all our past elections have gone off without a hitch and nobody ever pays any attention to Florida so, this year, let's shake things up a bit."

In defense of the Florida politicians, their claim is that the DNC broke it's own rules. No matter how this shakes down, it will continue to be interesting.

No comments: