Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Annual Haircut

No, I haven't shaved my head yet this year. That is scheduled for mid-July. I'm just thinking about the haircut a little early this year. It has been part of working through my grief since my best friend of 13 years died at 8:30am (Eastern) on June 29, 2003.

Several of my friends either have recently moved or will be moving soon and, being human, I'm not real thrilled about this. But I've often heard the saying that "In Life, change is the only constant". So I either have to get used to it or I have to quit eating so many fortune cookies. (lame attempt at humor)

Today I had coffee with a good friend who always gets me thinking. Later this evening I will read a short story that I've been looking forward to reading for some time now. There are several things that I want to say right now but the words are all jumbled together in my head.

I'm afraid that it might take a good haircut to get things unjumbled.

No comments: