Thursday, July 19, 2007

Google Earth - NASA Earth City Lights

These images are all from the free version of "Google Earth" available at http://earth.google.com/ It will only appear this way if you check Earth City Lights under NASA under Featured Content. All these images are copyright 2007 Google, copyright 2007 Terrametrics and copyright 2007 Europa Technologies.

This first image is the city night lights in the hemisphere where I live.



This next image is my immediate neighborhood, with a Google Earth "Eye Altitude" of 50 miles. No, it's not very easy to see the stars at night where I currently live.


This last image is also from an "Eye Altitude" of 50 miles. This is directly over where I'm planning to take a vacation one of these days. When I get there I'm going to take off my watch, turn off my cell phone and look at the stars.

No comments: