Sunday, July 01, 2007

How can you tell when a Politician is lying?

I've been going through articles on NewsMax.com and I ran across this - it's called "The Border Fence:So Far, Lip Service".

No joke, I feel that NewsMax does a pretty balanced job of reporting the news. For instance, in this article, published just a few hours before the lastest amnesty bill was killed (my phrasing, not theirs); NewsMax gives the predominant GOP point of view and the predominant Democratic Party POV. In this article, Tim Walberg speaks for the majority of Republicans and Dianne Feinstein for the majority of Democrats.

It is always interesting to me to hear the "logic" of Dianne Fienstein. For those of us who are (obviously) not so bright, Ms Feinstein explains why we should love this (unwritten) bill: "Let me point something out that's a little different this time. There will be mandatory spending, $4.4 billion up front, to do the following before anything else happens -- that's about 600 miles to 700 miles of border fence and vehicle obstructions, UAVs, employer verification, no more catch-and-release. There has to be detention of people coming across the border. So there will be border enforcement, 3,500 additional border patrols, before any other part of the bill goes into place. People don't understand that."

No, Dianne Feinstein isn't talking to me. I understand it just fine. I just don't believe it. You see, the 2006 Secure Fence Act calls for 700 miles of fence and only 15 miles have been built so far. If they haven't done what they promised to do last year, why should any of us believe a new promise this year?

I posed a question in the title of this post - the answer remains "When their lips are moving"

No comments: