Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Transformers

Today has been an interesting day. Yesterday we had a lot of rain and "flash flood warnings", but today we woke up to clear skies. The forecast was a 70% chance of rain but those things are never right, are they? While sitting outside having coffee with a friend (beautiful day), I sort of invited myself to see Transformers with him and another friend.

There are several big summer movies, it is July 4th, and this theater has 20 screens so naturally LOTS of people at the theater - no surprise. Apparently most of these people were there to see Transformers because the 2:45, 3:00, 3:15 and 4:00 shows were all sold out. So, from the time we walked in the door until the time the movie started, the three of us got to talk for about 2 hours. When we finally got seated, I told my friends that, even if the movie turned out to be a complete dud, that I have had a good afternoon.

Fifteen (15) minutes after the actual movie started, it stopped without warning. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, we're awaiting an announcement... Fifteen (15) minutes after the movie stopped, the emergency lights started flashing and EVERYBODY had to evacuate the theater. So (according to the theater manager) I (and all those other people) can go back another day with our ticket stubs and see a (hopefully uninterrupted) movie. Oh yeah, when we got outside it was pouring down rain.

Since it has been raining, the local muncipality canceled the fireworks display.

I haven't seen Transformers yet but I still had a good day.

No comments: