Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Is it Bigfoot?

From the Odd News Department:

** THE ASSOCIATED PRESS CANNOT AUTHENTICATE THE CONTENT OF THESE IMAGES ** This image provided Monday, Oct. 29, 2007 by hunter Rick Jacobs shows an image taken by a camera with an automatic trigger set up in Pennsylvania's Allegheny National Forest on Sept. 16, 2007. The only thing certain about the critter photographed by a hunter's camera is that some people have gotten the notion it could be a Sasquatch, or bigfoot. Others say it's just a bear with a bad skin infection. (AP Photo/Rick Jacobs)

I'm no wildlife expert but it just doesn't look like a bear to me. I think the legs look way too long to be a bear. There's not a lot in the "mystery picture" to give an idea of scale but what bothers me is that the legs appear so long in proportion to the rest of the body. So I looked around the net and found these pictures of standing bears - see what you think.









Black Bear





















Brown Bear



















Grizzly Bear
.
.
(this one is stuffed - apparently when a Grizzly rears nobody stays close enough to get a photograph of it)















Kodiak Bear















and just for good measure a Polar Bear
Hey, I know this not my normal [political] kind of post but it's a weird time of year. Tell me what you think.

1 comment:

Manda said...

I think it looks like a really FURRY human. But that's just me. :)