Saturday, June 16, 2007

Burger Fink

For quite some time my wife has been telling me that she wants a laptop. Now don't get me wrong, she's not a "gimme, gimme girl" - she hardly asks for anything. And I know that a laptop is something that she really can use to help her prepare and organize things for her job and her volunteer activities. A while back I bought her a nice desktop from a friend at a "going out of business" sale. Its a nice machine, but not very portable. So we had decided that Tuesday she would go get a laptop computer.

This morning, we took the new laptop to a local burger joint with a Wi-Fi hotspot. (You see, there's this old line from the Wizard of Id comic strip "The King is a fink!"; and most everybody in my family has sort of a warped sense of humor so, for many years, "Burger Fink" has been sort of a running joke in my family.)

After a quick call to my IT guy, we were able to get the necessary download [did I mention that i HATE Windows Vista?] and now we're back in the land of wireless 'net and I can get my goodreads fix from home again.

No comments: