Friday, June 22, 2007

Happy Birthday NRA

It's not really a "birthday" for the NRA but, according to my blogspot control panel, this is my 150th post. I wanted to pick something special for this "milestone" post (i'm so self important :-) so I chose one of the most outspoken defenders of the 2nd Amendment, and by extension, one of the most ardent defenders of the Constitution, the National Rifle Association.

The National Rifle Association has quite a presence on the internet. There is the main site here, and the not-so-flashy "home" page here. And many sites that I won't take the time to list here. Anyway, I'm making today official "Kudos to the NRA day".

Many people know that Charleton Heston (star of stage, screen and television - think Moses) was a member of the NRA but a lot of folks don't realize that, if you're a member of the NRA, this also puts in the same organization as J.C. Watts (former football star and Congressman), Tom Clancy (famous author), Charlie Daniels (of the Charlie Daniels Band), Karl Malone (basketball star), Tom Selleck (another movie and TV star - you should see Quigley Down Under), and me, among others luminaries.


Have a Happy Politically Incorrect Day ! (i wonder how much a pistol shaped cake costs?...)

No comments: